skyWalker Squad
Welcome! Please login or consider registering.

Squad War Time Blocks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Squad War Time Blocks

Post by BorgHunter on Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:20 am

Part of the appeal of an online game is the opportunity to meet and play with people from all over the world. For squad wars, this poses a potential limitation which we need to work around. We are most effective in squad wars when a group of members can be on at the same time to capture outposts and then uplinks.  Since we have squad members in vastly different time zones I propose that we designate at least 3 different times of day for particticpants of squad War to sign in and attack together. Forum signup is slow, and I anticipated that, but we can still talk in game chat about time blocks and have people commit to being on at a certain time.

For example, this most current war started late on the east coast United States and very early across the pond. We could have had time blocks something like this

5 am EST / 10 am GMT / 5 pm Beijing ,  

10am EST / 2pm GMT / 9 pm Beijing ,

5pm EST / 10pmGMT / 5 am Beijing

Perhaps a topic for each time block on the forum and people could signup for the one that works for them. It believe this simple act would increase our chances of success in squad wars dramatically. Please feel free to chime in. Now this idea is far from perfect but I believe it conveys my thought process well enough. Please, if you have anything to add do not hesitate to do so.

Last edited by BorgHunter on Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:47 am; edited 3 times in total

BorgHunter
Admin

View user profile http://skywalkersquad.forumclan.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Squad War Time Blocks

Post by Haelu on Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:35 pm

Hunter... 10am est.. is 2pm gmt.. we also need to cater for beijing time which is usually 9 hrs prior to gmt.. but i will clarify that in due course mate. What youre saying is true but everybody also needs some leeway around exact timung.. as i know you ate aware and respectful as any of us we all have family and other commitments i date say.
Haelu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haelu on Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:42 pm

Just checked up on world time. Beijing is 7 hours ahead of gmt at present. So typically a 430am start gmt (uk) would be 1130 am beijing time.
Haelu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BorgHunter on Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:43 am

Got it. That was really bad time conversion. I understand we all have family and what not, so signing up for a time block would not be a contract or anything of the sort. There should be and will be leeway built into the time blocks and really they are more of suggestions than contractual obligations. Gotta still keep the game casual. What I'm thinking is something like the following scenario.

Say you are able to be on for war at 6:30 ish PM your time. Well you would know who you are most likely going to see online with you at that time. If you login and don't see them online just then waiting a little while is more of an option since you know certain people are also attempting to get on at the same time.

The idea isn't perfect, and this is another reason I have created these forums. In game chat is good, but the information we share with each other doesn't stay in the chat windows long enough, causing many to miss what was said or even the chance to comment back. I want this whole forum to be an activity in brainstorming to hammer out squad strategy. The forum allows us the ability to do this a bit easier. I thank you again for posting back. All, nice dog mate.

BorgHunter
Admin

View user profile http://skywalkersquad.forumclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Haelu on Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:03 pm

Cool man. The ideaology is the business especially this way is much better in that people can be notyfying their situation when the time is most suitable for them also and as far in advance as anybody would want. For example i am upgrading my droidekkas for three days from now. I am good to cover outpost duty but unable to attack bases.
Haelu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top